Monday, June 09, 2008

A message from my past self

I just got this email a couple days ago and figured I would share it with everyone. I totally forgot that I wrote this. There is this website that lets you write emails to yourself to be delivered at a future date of your choosing. One day at work I figured it would be fun to write a few... So here's the first one:

The following is an e-mail from the past, composed on Wednesday, October 24, 2007, and sent via FutureMe.org
- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -

Dear FutureMe,

As I'm writing this I'm really hoping that you are somewhere in the world that isnt the states and having a hell of a time.

You should be half way through your trip by now! Don't forget to stop and enjoy your sourroundings if things are frantic or conversley, dont forget that there is much more to see out there if you are taking it too slow! You have 6 months (maybe) left, make the most of them.

Your past self is writing this from his desk in DC... I just hope you (and by you, I mean me) recieve this email somewhere exotic or at the very least much more exciting than your desk at KHHTEF.

When you wrote this you were supposed to be finding Global NAPs Network's federal USF filings, if that doesnt put things in perspective... I dont know what will!

Anyways that is about all I have to say, why dont you make this email into a blogpost or something.

-Your Past Self
P.S. Sorry I went out and spent all that money at the bar last night... I'm sure it would have been nice to have now.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Hahaha i love the PS thats awesome.